Hope Bank is an initiative that serves as a bridge to provide a sustainable supply of blood units for the children of Suntown who need it so they can stay healthy while radiating smiles and sunshine.
The Blood Donation Drive will be on March 28, 2021.
There will be two time slots for the event – 9:00 AM and 10:30 AM.
To ensure social distancing, each donor will be assigned a time slot for the event. We will contact you through text or email for your assigned schedule.
To better provide you with schedule assignments, we encourage donors to fill out the registration form and specify your best availability.
As part of donor requirements, you will need to present:
- One (1) valid ID;
- Baranggay Certificate stating you are not a PUI/PUM.
We also request you to bring a pen, and wear your face mask and face shield.
The Baranggay Certificate is a compulsory requirement as part of the health and safety protocols.
If you need assistance on how to secure your Baranggay Certificate, you may contact our Suntown Volunteers.
- At least 18 years old or above*
- Weigh at least 50 kg (110 lb)
- Had 6 to 8 hours of sleep for two (2) days before blood donation.
- Abstained from alcoholic and caffeinated drinks at least 24 hours before blood donation.
*For interested donors below 18 years old, please see next FAQ.
To ensure the safety of donors and all volunteers participating in the event, we will be following these health protocols and guidelines:
- Social distancing will be strictly observed.
- Wearing of face mask and face shield at all times.
- Bring your own pen.
- Bring your own alcohol / sanitizer.
- Washing stations will be provided, but we encourage everyone to keep your own alcohol handy.
- There will be separate entrance and exit locations to implement one-way traffic and to maintain social distancing.
- Event attendance will be limited. Please fill out the online registration form for schedule assignments.
Donors under 18 years old are welcome to donate blood, provided:
- You are at least 16 years old;
- You are able to acquire your parent’s consent.
It is important for donors to abstain from caffeinated and alcoholic drinks at least 24 hours before donation.
As long as your last tattoo was done at least one (1) year ago, you are welcome to donate blood.
It is safe to donate blood during your period as long as you are not bleeding heavily, and your hemoglobin level is not low. You will be assessed accordingly before the procedure.
Donor deferral for individuals who had undergone surgery is one (1) year.
If you underwent a recent surgery, you will have to wait at least one (1) year to be eligible for blood donation.
Individuals recently vaccinated for COVID-19 will need to have completed the required vaccine doses and will have to wait at least 28 days after receiving the last dose before you can donate blood.
You can donate again after two months and three weeks. If you register to become a Lifetime Donor, you may receive updates from Suntown for the schedule of the next Blood Drive.
We are thankful for any help volunteers can extend. If you wish to support this project and other Suntown activities through financial donations, you can send it through our UCPB Savings Bank Account
Account Name: Suntown Camp Foundation
Peso Account: 003201078552
Dollar Account: 013203002049
For other questions about HopeBank and other Suntown activities, you may contact us through:
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Khyle at 0921 886 5079
- Sofia at 0977 656 2310